We’ve been friends since birth; in fact, our parents have been friends for over 40 years! Our nicknames since childhood, Bear and Baby Bird, along with the unoriginal McKenzie #1 and McKenzie #2, have been used for years by our family to differentiate between us. Besides our names, we share a love for our crazy fore-mentioned families, travel, quarter horses, shopping, music, and all things entertainment. Though so similar, we are very, very different in many ways. We won’t get into it now…but I’m sure as you follow us on our journey here at The Bear and the Bird, you will see. Oh, you’ll see. So, here are a few tidbits about each of us. We’re excited to get to know you!
5 Facts About Me
1. I am mom to a spirited and wildly intelligent (takes after her momma) little girl named Gracie and wife to one cool cucumber named Shadd.
2. I taught middle school English for 7 years before I had my daughter. I like to pride myself on my excellent grammar and spelling skills, but in reality, I’ve forgotten much of what I spent years instilling in those young minds. So I am asking now for forgiveness for any future errors, though I dare you to catch me making a their/there/they’re mistake…it’s not gonna happen!
3. I am not crafty or an especially talented cook. If you ever read a post about anything edible or DIY, someone has hijacked my wordpress password. For real.
4. I am an avid blog and obsessive product review reader. Trip Advisor and VRBO are also addictions of mine.
5. I have been to some amazing places. Peru, the Galapagos Islands, and Kauai are definitely the most memorable places I’ve visited, but horse showing allows us to travel to some pretty cool spots all over the country as well. And some pretty crappy ones too, but we’ll try stay positive here. My travel bucket list is long, and getting longer. The hours on Trip Advisor and VRBO aren’t helping.
5 Facts About Me
1. I am the oldest of three, yet some may say I’m more like the baby. I’ve always had a zest for life and live it to the fullest. I’m definitely a social butterfly, always in the know of the hottest restaurants, lounges, and hotspots. In saying that, I also love the country life, quiet and simple. It will always be where I feel most at home. I guess you can say I try to have a balanced existence between city and country living.
2. Family and friends are the core of my happiness. I’m the lucky and VERY proud aunt to two of the most beautiful girls on the planet! (Seriously, they are!) Emery and Harper have changed my life for the better, and I can’t wait to be a mother myself. Did I just say that?…YIKES!!!
3. I grew up in Purcell, Oklahoma. I’m sure all of you have heard of it before, right? It’s the Quarter Horse capital of the world! I’ve lived in Arizona, California and now reside in Dallas, Texas, where I’ve been for the last 7 years.
4. My love for horses has been life long. I was on a horse before I learned to walk. I’ve shown in just about every discipline but I’ve stuck with and continue to compete in cutting and working cow horse. The horse show life has allowed me to travel the country and has also led me to meet the other love in my life…Grant.
5. Fashion has been and will always be a passion of mine. Handbags and purses are my weakness. I would say my style is edgy/classic with a bit of tailored and bohemian cowgirl thrown in. Hmmm, maybe it’s safe to say I’m all over the map.
You can contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org