Welcome to our second “Battle of the Stitch Fix” ! We share what we each received in our latest fix, tell you our thoughts, and let you know what we kept and sent back. Stitch Fix is a personal shopping service where you create a detailed style profile, and your stylist will choose 5 pieces and send them to you. Try them on in the comfort of your own home, keep and pay for what want, and send back the rest. You pay a $20 styling fee when you set up your first fix. That fee is then credited towards whatever you decide to buy, and if you decide to keep all five items, you get 25% off. For more info or to sign up yourself, click HERE. Also, if you missed our first “Battle of the Stitch Fix”, you can read it HERE!
BIRD’S FIX: Yet again, my stylist was on point with my fix. I left a note on my account before my second box was scheduled (I suggest you do this if you have any special occasions or trip coming up) telling “Whitney” that I was going on vacation to Miami later in the month. I was very happy that a couple of pieces were perfect and saved me trip to the mall.
1. A deep purple cotton racerback dress by Bobi Black. I love the comfort of this dress and is still great look for a night out on the town. I dressed it up with a great pair of nude heels and some earrings that are also in this fix.
2.Lyla crochet panel dot print tank by Collective Concepts. This was my favorite top! Love the color and the detail on the sides. I’ve already worn this a couple of times, great fit and will go with a lot of looks!
3. Montgomery chevron cross-front top by 41Hawthorn. I wasn’t totally in love with this top, but it fit really well and I liked the color, I think it will look best with white skinnies so I’ll give it a go. (I really want that 25%)
4. Lenora crochet detail tie-neck silk blouse by Daniel Rainn. One look at this blouse and I thought “YES!” before I even tried on. Once I did, I loved! You can never have enough black tops.
5. Tori carved spike drop earrings by David Aubrey. I thought these were a funky and fun pair to go with plenty of looks and they looked great with the racerback dress!
OVERALL FEELINGS: I was very pleased and I hope that “Whitney” continues to send great pieces every month, although this may get a little dangerous! She may know me too well!
BEAR’S FIX: To say this fix was a dud would be an understatement. I noticed I had a different stylist this time around, and it was obvious he or she didn’t get me. I was in a big hurry getting ready to leave for vacation when my box was delivered, so I didn’t get the names of the items, but I’m pretty sure my glowing review won’t leave you itching to track down any of these pieces.
2. Maternity top? Thanks, stylist. Even if I had a big ol’ bump, this pattern and color is so blah. Another no.
3. Like the detailing, but the bottom hem hardly came down to the top of my belt and it had a strange scoop shape that was not flattering. Pass.
4. Hope arose within me. Love maxis, love stripes. The pic looks decent, but what you can’t see is that I literally had this skirt pulled up to my armpits and it was still dragging the floor. I’m 5 ‘9 so I’m not sure what type of freakishly tall woman this was made for, but I sent it back.
5. You may notice that I only photographed 4 of my items. I like to think I’m totally willing to show myself in a truthful manner, but I couldn’t do it with these pants. They were that bad. Let me give you a visual. Close your eyes and imagine your worst pair of 80’s jeans-the super light wash, the unflattering rise, the tiny pockets-and now make them super tight, skinnies. Yes, the light wash skinny jeans went back in the return bag so quickly, the photo would have been a big blur anyway.
KEPT: 0/5 items
OVERALL FEELINGS: Stitch Fix, I’m going to stick with you a little longer. But, you need to get it together. I have a super-detailed Pinterest Board that I really feel reflects my style. Please, Stylist, have a look! I still had fun, and opening the box does feel like Christmas morning. Here’s hoping Box #3 is a winner!!
BATTLE RESULTS: Bird wins again!!
Since our first Stitch Fix Review, we’ve heard some several of our friends that have signed up for the service, and everyone seems to be loving it! You can sign up and join in the fun HERE!
*We pay for our Stitch Fix service ourselves, but we do receive a small credit if you sign up using one of our referral codes!
Bear & Bird “McKenzie P. & McKenzie M.”