I have a confession to make……I am addicted to beauty products!! Every time I walk into a Sephora, Ulta, or any store that has beauty products, I feel as though it’s my heaven, PURE BLISS I tell you! The Bear recently suggested that I join the subscription box craze, therefore further enabling my habit…… So I signed up for Birchbox and Julep. Every month (for a small fee) I will receive a box filled with samples of products from makeup to body care and everything in between. It’s a great way to try all the new items to see what I like best! I can’t wait for my first box!!! Stayed tuned for box reviews from myself and The Bear!
Ok, so on to my latest fun finds!
- Recently on a girl’s trip to Mexico, one of my dear friends Jessica let me borrow her “Not your Mothers” Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray (get all that??) With the humid climate and salty air, my hair was not cooperating (seriously I looked like Mufasa) so this particular spray gave my natural curls a nice beachy wave look while calming the frizz down!
- Naked eye palettes from Urban Decay truly have a cult following. They sell like hot cakes! Stores are constantly sold out, so if you see one, GRAB IT! They recently added Naked3, 12 GORGEOUS rose-hued neutrals with mattes, pearls, and glimmering metallics, there is not one bad color! I also love that each palette comes with a very nice brush for the lid and crease. Naked3 also has a 24/7 glide-on double-ended eye pencil. Its a creamy, waterproof color with one side a purple-taupe and the other a smokey black with red micro-glitter!
- I LOVE my bronzer. Laura Mercier came out with a matte baked bronzer that comes in a nice size compact. Great natural color and it lasts through out the day.
- Nutraluxe Lash MD is a eyelash serum that promotes growth and strength, my esthetician Kendra at Skinfinity Dallas swears by it! I’ll let you know if I have to start trimming my eyelashes!!
- The last item is not new to me,but I’m such a fan, I had to share! Speaking of cult following…..I’d put the YSL Touche ‘Eclat radiant touch in that group as well. It is a luminizing pen that brings light and radiance to the skin, I swear it takes all those signs of late nights and early mornings right away! It gives the complexion a boost that we all need from time to time!
I encourage all of you to every now and then try a new beauty product, step out of your comfort zone, your routine. It’s good for the soul!!! Until my next trip to the beauty counter…
McKenzie “The Bird”
*This post contains affiliate links.